Friday 27 February 2015

Why Budget Weddings?



I never was a lover of weddings; in fact, I remember turning down bridesmaids roles. I love "love" but the whole paparazzi of getting married (the wedding), just wasn't my thing. 

Year after year, I noticed/realized that " THE WEDDING" was becoming a big deal, thanks to BellaNaija. Then I decided to attend a couple of wedding ceremonies and I was amazed. EVERYTHING had changed! From the decoration, to the wedding dresses, bridesmaids outfits, to the food (even the servers had their unique outfits), to the kind of chairs used, even the 8 to 10 man band (even they had outfits too). 

As I kept WOWing from one event to another, I couldn't help but wonder about the cost of all these things. BellaNaija became a constant in my daily "to-do's". I started taking notes of all the names in the different fields of professionals. I found contacts of some and decided to find out first hand how much their services cost. While some were okay, others literally gave me the shock of my life!

Then I started asking myself a lot of questions:
  • Is it really worth it?
  • Does this mean that if I can't get a known make-up artist or DJ, my wedding will not be a success?
  • Do I need to spend so much for a one-day event?
  • How do young men with an average salary of N50,000 a month save up for these expensive weddings.
  • How do upcoming vendors even try to compete with these already known professionals?


Hence my decision to start La' Heiress Hospitality Services and a blog on Just Budget Weddings, as I believe that weddings don't have to be expensive to be memorable. I am going to be all about budget weddings, and 'BUDGET' in this light is low budget weddings. We will be cutting cost on unnecessary things and working with whatever budget you have. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment