Tuesday 10 March 2015

The Best Way to Deal With a Bridezilla + Video: Dolapo Oni is a Bridezilla!



Most people in the wedding planning business can probably attest to the fact that planning and executing a wedding is a very stressful process, even for professionals. And it’s this pressure that causes many brides to transform into Bridezillas.

In fact, after my personal experience and watching series of episodes of bridezillas gone wild, I’ve found that some brides can turn from sweet to evil overnight. So before you accept bridesmaid duties, know exactly what you might be getting yourself into.

Let me first say that I’m a romantic at heart and I enjoy seeing two people in love get married. But there is something to be said about a bride who treats her wedding like a dictator running a third world country. And by the way, bridezillas don’t affect only the maid of honour. No, no, no, my friends, it seems that everyone- Bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, vendors, flower girls (yes, even little innocent children) must fear the wrath of a bridezilla about to walk down the aisle.

The Go-With-The-Flow Approach

For me, the easiest way to handle a bridezilla is to simply go with the flow. Just do anything and everything she wants without complaining. I watched a rehearsal dinner once, where the bride told the bridal party, “Just go with the G-d damn flow, people!” This bridezilla was so intense. Her attitude also affected family relations. As I watched this bridezilla devolve into an unmannerly tyrant over the wedding planning, I was thankful not to be directly involved, but then, I will encounter many bridezillas in my Wedding Planning journey (so help me God). After my personal experience, I realized that, going with the flow is the best way to go. There is really no point arguing with a bride on her wedding day. After all, it's her 'wedding' day. 

On a lighter note, enjoy the video below, of Dolapo Oni transformed into a bridezilla. Share your experience with us. E-mail: olamide@la-heiress.com


Olamide ~ The Heiress


1 comment: